Friday, July 31, 2009

Switching from permanent job to temp-to-perm?

Well, I finally heard back today from my interview from last week....they want to offer me a job!!


However, they said that their accounting positions all start out as 'temp-to-perm' for 8 weeks, afterwhich, if the performance is acceptable, will turn into a permanent position.


The offer was less than my current pay.....but she said that after the 8 weeks I could expect a raise given my degree and experience. I told her that I was very interested, but asked if the pay rate was negotiable b/c I am currently making more than what she quoted. She said she would check and get back with me.


This job is only 15 minutes from home, whereas my current job is more like an hour. Plus, from the job description, the work is definitely something I would enjoy doing!! The company is much larger, and I see much more room for advancement.





Question: Do I accept their offer or stay where I am?

Switching from permanent job to temp-to-perm?
It May Be A Good Idea If Its Closer Because Thats Less Gas And then it would be great if they give you a higher or equal pay
Reply:Hi, I'm in HR. That sounds more than legitimate. Just find out if you get any benefits for that 8 weeks, because you'll want health insurance. Many companies do a probationary period, they are calling there's "temp-to-perm." Since you'll be getting a pay raise after the 8 weeks is up, I wouldn't blow a good opportunity over the first two months. You'll want to find out exactly what the raise will be after 8 weeks, you don't want to be surprised and find out that it's still lower than you make now. And find out when benefits are effective, you don't want a shock there either. If both of those answers are positive, then go for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment