Friday, July 31, 2009

Bad Employer?

Hi, I recently got terminated. I am glad I got terminated because there was so many illegal things going on at the place I worked...unethical, and immoral, and illegal things... such as pressure to sell customers stuff they DO NOT need, gouging the customers prices, managers physically getting WAY TOO close to employees.





I've learned alot on what I do not want in a future employer, but I am having trouble trusting future employers after this one... especially because of the way this one went about terminating me... he sneaked around, interviewed a girl secretly, and hired her b/c of her butt and boobs... she has no experience at all... then hid her til the day i was fired, and had me train her a little on the day i was fired.





My question is: What do I look for in a future employer that will help me not worry about being screwed over as I was at this place, and how do I get rid of the negative prejudice Ive developed about managers?

Bad Employer?
Perhaps it would do you good to investigate the company you're considering applying for before you go interview.





They want to know all about you - why shouldn't you know all about them?





Talk to their current employees. Get a feel for the environment there.





In other words, make informed decisions about your career before you end up with a bunch of short term jobs on your resume.
Reply:Let me start by telling you I was a service advisor and a service manager for an automotive dealer, I can tell you that things go on in a dealership that do not happen in the "real world". I wish I had better news, but I do not think that your employer did anything illegal in terminating you. If you were an at will employee, and there was no discrimination, your termination was not illegal.


What I will share with you is how I got out of the business. I let the automotive industry to work for a national pest control company. I was surprised how much alike they were. They have a sales department and a service department. Sales is the same, and the service technicians develop skills that make then a valuable asset. I would suggest that you find another industry that can use your skills outside of the automotive industry. Best of luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment