Thursday, July 30, 2009

How long should I wait before calling..? (employment)?

How long should I wait before calling A.C. Moore? (it's an arts and crafts store)


I applied there yesterday (and I know that they're hiring, I saw their sign) and I've had people tell me that if a place you apply doesn't call you that you should call them so that they know that you're interested.





I'm sixteen years old and this would be my first job, if I manage to get it.





So my questions are:





When should I call?


What should I say when I do call?


On the application it said I needed a worker's permit since I'm under 18, so when should I get that... after I'm hired, or before the interview (if I get one).











Thanks for the answers (in advance (: )

How long should I wait before calling..? (employment)?
If you applied yesterday then it's okay to call today. The basic rule is wait 24 hours. When you call you should that you wanted a confirmation that they have your application. Don't say you don't have one but are in the process of getting one. If the application stated you need a worker's permit then you'll probably won't get the job. But since your making a call just state that your in the process of getting one. That way they'll see you have all the necessary skills or in process in getting them. They might just make an exception if they hear that. BTW, good luck.
Reply:Get the permit now, then don't give them a call but stop by the store. Dress professionally as you should have for the interview, khakis and button down, and give them a copy of your permit. If they have not made decision it will demonstrate that you are proactive which is a great trait.


No comments:

Post a Comment