Friday, July 31, 2009

Question for Anyone Who Works in Public or Government Industries. ANSWER NEEDED ASAP.?

An answer for these would be appreciated ASAP, given that the paper on this interview is due tomorrow, and my other interviewees flaked on me.





1. What is your...?





A) Age


B) Position


C) Agency


D) Years in Position


E) Current Salary


F) Top Salary


G) Best Part About Your Job


H) Worst Part About Your Job


I) Interesting Story From or About Work





2. What classes or experiences did you have in high school that prepared you for your current career?


3. What classes or experiences did you have in college that prepared you for your career?


4. Did any local people or family members inspire you or push you into your career?


5. What degree did you get and from what school? What other special training or licenses were required for this work?


6. On a day-to-day basis, what are the three main things you do at your job? What skills do you use to do those things?


7. What is the most exciting or unusual thing that has ever happened to you at work? How about the most unexpected?

Question for Anyone Who Works in Public or Government Industries. ANSWER NEEDED ASAP.?
1.


A 38 years old


B Engineer


C State Highway Dept.


D 5


F Unsure of what top position in my dept. makes


G Designing new roads, making bad roads better


H How slowly everything progresses. We can never do anything when it needs to be done. We have to get funding, approval, and make sure all the politicians are happy with the plan. By the time we upgrade, it needs to be upgraded even further! We are always years behind where we should be, and it is getting worse and worse.


I When I first started, we began redesigning a section of road that was way overdue to have additional lanes added etc to to increased traffic volume along this ten mile section. Every time we complete the design and everyting is ready for construction to begin, we have to start over for some reason or another (not enough money allocated by the state, problems with landowners taking legal action, etc.). It's been five years and the problem is probably five times worse than it was five years ago. We will start redesigning again after the first of the year. If we're lucky, and no other delays occur, the road will be completed by the end of 2011.





2. Calculus and physics helped with my career the most. My father also gave me small "chores" which I was responsible for which made me a more responsible person.





3. Most all of my college classes helped me in some way wether directly or indirectly.


Working for construction and/or engineering companies during the summer helped me to better see if I was going to like what I had chosen as my major.


4. My father directed me some because he saw my likes, dislikes as well as what my strengths were both in school and at home.


5. I obtained a BS in Civil Engineering. I later obtained an MBA by taking night classes after I graduated. I first had to pass the EIT (engineer in training) exam. I then had to work a minimum of 4 years under a licensed Professional Engineer to qualify to take the Professional Engineer's exam. Once I passed this I was licensed in the state I took it in. I pay yearly fees to keep it and I also must take 15 hours of continuing education classes each year.





6. Review other technicians work; make changes to plans; do field inspections. Main skill is experience. You don't know how to do it unless you've done it yourself.....book knowledge is just the base for you to start getting experience by doing.....


7. Most exciting .......got an unexpected promotion. Most unexpected...........almost was transfered to new location.


No comments:

Post a Comment