Thursday, July 30, 2009

Question about emailing thank you notes?

This is a follow-up question to a previous question.





Per the advice of the HR Rep I am emailing a thank you note instead of mailing them. I have interviewed with three people on Thursday, three people on Friday, and will interview with one last person this Tuesday. I'm 90% sure that they are going to provide me with an offer.





Which method should I choose for emailing the six people that I've already met with?





Method A


Send each person an individual email message that addresses the person by the first name. Example, "Dear Bill".





Method B


Send each person an individual email message that addresses the person by the last name. Example, "Dear Mr. Smith".





Method C


Email everyone all at once. The benefit of this method is that I won't have to use names at all.





Everyone uses first names in this office even when talking to the manager and introducing me to staff. For example they don't say "This is Bob Smith"...they say "This is Bob".

Question about emailing thank you notes?
Send each individual their own thank you addressed to "Mr. Smith". Everyone in the office may use first names, but you're not yet a member of the staff. And individual thank yous are always better than group ones.
Reply:As I see it you are trying to get the job. . these people all have say in whether or not you do. . I would give them the utmost respect and hand deliver notes, unless Email is your only option. . . something to think about. . . Is Email is your only option use Titles and surnames. . . Mr Smith, Miss Jones . . . and hopefully someday someone in your position now will be respecting you and your job. .


No comments:

Post a Comment